The current instability in global weather patterns, in political, social and economic climates, combined with shortages in traditional energy resources, and growing consumption leads to higher cost of energy:
– Global energy consumption is predicted to grow 50% over the next 25 years
– Electricity prices are forecast to increase 50% over the next 5 years in the U.S.
GLOBAL DEPLOYMENT OF SPBS WILL GENERATE IMMEDIATE AND MULTIPLE ECONOMIC VALUES AND SUSTAINABLE BENEFITS:
1. No other energy infrastructure can be implemented faster than SPB.
2. Mass application of SPBs pushes prices down.
3. SPB projects create jobs and speed up economic growth.
4. Developing SPBs brings back technological innovation.
5. Being the next generation of green buildings, SPBs pollute less, have an overall positive impact on climate change and people’s health.
6. Providing better quality of life with clean indoor air, Building2.0 increases well-being, creativity and sociability in people and harmony in the society.
7. Building2.0 is the most efficient and sustainable way to accommodate the flood of global urbanization as about 1 million people worldwide move to urban centers every week.
Building SPBs invigorates the building sector.
Implementing Building 2.0 technologies to new construction in urban cores and to retrofits requires knowledge-intensive technology jobs which are more difficult to outsource than labor-intensive manufacturing jobs, thus boosting local economy.
Each step towards the SPB future creates jobs in renewable energy industries including:
• Building, construction and retrofit industries
• The renewable electric power industry
• The deconstruction and materials use industries
• Manufacturing industry that produces green products using environmentally sustainable processes and materials
SPB projects accelerate investments in new technologies creating opportunities for new companies and reduce unemployment through faster economic growth.
SPB projects are fast becoming the main market for wind, photovoltaic, smart home and energy-storage products keeping sustainable jobs in high demand worldwide.
VALUE ENHANCEMENT AND VALUE PRESERVATION
Unlike typical payback mentality used in current BIPV investment valuation, the SPB is a new category in bankable values and assets that can greatly preserve and enhance the value and liquidity of a building.
- Building2.0 has a higher resale value as potential owners demand more SPBs than available supply
- The value of a SPB compared to a similar conventional building (Building1.0) increases every time energy costs increase
- An SPB owner is exempt from future energy price increases
- Extra cost is minimized for new construction compared to retrofits
- Future legislative restrictions or carbon emission taxes/penalties may force expensive retrofits to inefficient, old-generation buildings (Building1.0)
- SPBs have lower operating and maintenance costs than conventional (Building1.0) or even green buildings (Building1.5)
Building2.0. (SPB) can generate 30-40% of its power consumption via renewable energy sources. A fully integrated and high-efficient SPB can deliver more than 600% ROI via electricity paybacks over its warranty-period of 20 years due to ISPBC’s bankability and insurability plans.
Through energy production and energy-efficiency SPBs have lower operating and maintenance costs than conventional or even green buildings. These savings add to the property value making Self-Powered- Building a highly bankable, profitable and desirable cash-positive asset. It is an important value-preserver in the midst of the market correction: instead of being revenue drains like many conventional commercial buildings, SPBs are revenue streams.